The Assistant Dive Team Coach assists and occasionally leads Dive Team practices and group diving lessons. They develop positive relationships with divers and members, and promote the team with the Hawk’s membership in order to generate more participation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Appropriately balances a fun and competitive team culture
- Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants of all skill levels
- Leads and coaches divers of all age groups at daily practices
- Leads and coaches divers at weekly meets as well as at the All-City Dive competition
- Responds to parent questions and concerns
- Comfortable in diving well and basic dive knowledge
- Lifeguard Certified
- Ability to participate in practices from 10 to noon and 5-6 p.m. weekdays
- Availability for meets and the All-city dive competition
- Dive team experience or coaching experience
- 6 months of experience working with youth programs or care
This position also could be part-time, mornings only as we have another assistant coach who could potentially take the evening practices. Interested candidates should contact Laura Huggett at [email protected].